Friday 5 February 2016

Be Wild

It's been a while since our last Showcase at Aurora Wings, but wow Mitzi has done it again, two stunning Mermaids 'Lady of the Sea' and 'Guardian of the Sea'.

I never tire of colouring these beautiful images and I am definitely a sucker for mermaids and chose to work with 'Lady of the Sea'.

When I first created the layout, I was going to stick to my usual Teals and Greens, then I decided I really wanted to step away from that.  Instead I decided to make her like a flame in the ocean to fit in with the lovely sentiment I found on the silhouette store, hence the Turquoise Sentiment.


I have used both Copics and Graph-it markers in a mix of Red, Orange, Gold and Yellow, for this project.  I also used a black Prisma Premier pencil on her hair for the shading and a gold gel pen for her jewels and crown.



I have kept it as a simple A4 Flat project and put her in a frame next to her Sister 'Mermaid & Baby'.


You can find the images here.

Don't forget to visit the Showcase Blog to see all the wonderful projects by my team-mates.

Challenges Entered:-

Jades Sparkling Butterflies - Fantasy
Crafting with attitude - Anything Goes
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge - Y for you choose


9 comments:

  1. Aww they are really sister lol. She is stunning in those bright colour.mgreat colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING, Julie! I've made a group cover with your work this morning! Just so gorgeous with gold and orange complimenting her gorgeous hair. The sentiment is perfect, and the previous mermaid digi with a baby really look wonderful along with this new one! So lovely!! Thank you for the awesome inspiration for today's new release!
    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your coloring! Really amazing card. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE the colors you chose for this gorgeous new image, Julie and what a perfect quote! She looks fabulous next to her sister. Just stunning! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, love the fire colours, they work so well with the shading you have done, the whole project looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work ,I love everything about it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Julie and I love it. I've added myself to your followers list... don't want to miss anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so beautiful Julie, I love how you've coloured this gorgeous new image and that sentiments just perfect hun. Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a happy wee surprise for you over on the Southern Girls Challenge. Congratulations! Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)