Saturday 29 August 2015

Marker Storage

For months I have been searching for the perfect storage solution for my growing collection of Copic markers.

I have seen some lovely storage on pinterest, like perpspex boxes, but when I eventually found some they were £6 each, so needing 12 that would be £72.

By chance I came across a site for laser cut shapes called laser cut outs who were selling mdf boxes for £1 each. So I ordered 12 of the 100mm ones.



So for a total of £12, I now have a beautiful pen rack.


It was a fair bit of gluing, but they went together nicely and it feels very sturdy.  I added some angled bits of wood to the bottom to give it a slight tilt backwards to stop the pens falling forwards.

I couldn't just leave it there, so decided to get busy with some acrylic paint and my vast collection of Lavinia Stamps.  Then sealed with spray vanish.


Whilst I was in the mood, I also decorated some drawers on another mdc storage unit to match.

For these I glued paper to the front, sanded it down and again used my stamps.




All in all a very productive day, now onto some colouring.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Lavinia Stamps - Anything but a card
Hiding in my Craft Room - Freestyle
Alphabet Challenge - No Designer Papers


3 comments:

  1. Wow Julie - you've been busy and they look fantastic! Love the colour and how you've stamped them. Thank you for sharing your idea in the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck in the draw. Hellen DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and lovely decoration. Isn't it satisfying when you find a storage solution that's both inexpensive and something you can personalise.
    Good luck in the Lavinia challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!! I Love your pen storage!! Fantastic images you have used on it too!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)