Monday 23 March 2015

Mum

Finally I can share a project I worked on a couple of weeks ago for my Mother in Laws 70th Birthday.

It wasn't meant to be quite so big, but it cut so well, I didn't want to try again :)


I cut the letters from cardstock and the detailed overlay from pearlescent paper.

I designed the letters by super-sizing my font and then filling with various files from the Silhouette store. and welding to the inside of the letters.

I added a large butterfly border across the top with mini gems on the bodies.



Next I covered 2 MDF hears in silver paper and sanded round the edges once the glue was dry to give nice smooth edges.  Once I was happy I added a sentiment cut from Vinyl.


Finished off with some little butterflies, gems and Roses.

Thanks for looking

Challenges I would like to enter:-

Come and get it - Things with wings (Butterfly Border)
Jelly Park Challenges - Mums
Pile it on - Sentiment as Focus
Pink Gem - Pretty in Pink
JW Scrapshack - Special Birthday
In the Pink - Layers


6 comments:

  1. This is really grand. Your Mum-in-law must have loved it. Very pretty. Happy belated 70th to her. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie this is a beautiful card for your mum.. she's going to love this... very intricate and fancy. Thanks for playing along with us in our Funday Friday challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did a fantatic job with this card :) Oh do tell what setting you used for the pearlescent paper I have yet to try something that intricate with that paper :) thanks joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special card, so intricate, I bet she loved it, thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful creation. Love it! I am sure it will be loved by your mother in law. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful creation and so elegant! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at In the Pink!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)