Wednesday 23 July 2014

The Gift

This week I finally used my coloured image 'The Gift' by Aurora Wings on a project.

I coloured this up last week and did not really know what I wanted to do with it, then I opened a draw in my craft room and found some MDF shapes I had never used.

I picked a large heart and  covered it in some teal core-donations card, cut it down close to the edge and sandpapered round the edge for a lovely neat finish.  I lightly sanded some of the surface and then brushed some gold   around the edges.


The image is coloured with a Copics for the skin and Promarkers for everything else, I dotted the background with my ink dusters.

I cut a variety of under the sea creatures and shells and dusted them with Adirondack ink and added some clear fine flitter to their fins.


I  also added some swirly cut with a memory box die and some dew Drops to look like little bubbles.
When I finally finished I thought it was missing something, so I added some Frantage.

I must confess to putting the whole project under the grill in order to melt it - risky but worthwhile - lol.



I am delighted with the finished project and will add some ribbon and hang on my craft-room wall.

Challenges I would like to enter are:-

Creative card Crew - Sea/Beach
Doodle Pantry - Make a Splash
Live & Love Crafts - By the Sea
Oddball Stamps - Show us your colouring
Sparkle and Sprinkle - Anything Goes with Gliiter, embossing powder, Flocking
Crazy Challenge - Die Cuts
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Die Cuts/Punches
Inky Impressions - No Designer Papers
Frilly & Funkie - Cool Water

Thanks for looking :)

16 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Julie-I would hang it on my wall too! I love the image and your colouring-also the use of dew drops as bubbles is fab! Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew Sea/beach challenge. Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved looking at all the fine details you added to this project that make it unique. The die cuts, dewdrops, and ink dusters. I'm glad the grill didn't ruin any of it. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Doodle Pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous creation! LOVE all the details and the fun shape! FABULOUS! HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is amazing. Love everything about it and you coloring of the image is fabulous. SO glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning and your detail work is so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Doodle Pantry Challenge this month! Hope to see you again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! I love the shape!
    Thanks for sharing with us at DPDC48!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Fabulous coloring and design! Have I said "WOW"?
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DIES and/or PUNCHES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. The coloring you have done is absolutely superb! Your card has a magical 'under the sea' feel with so much attention to detail. A lovely creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie!
    Hugs,x
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done! I LOVE all of those wonderful details. Thanks so much for sharing with us at DPDC48!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great project. Love the way that pearl is being handed over. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! This is just stunning, love the added details just perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inky Impressions this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning, stunning project...LOVE this!! Thank you for joining s at "The Sisterhood" for our "Dies/Punch" challenge!!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card again; beautiful images and colouring. Thanks for linking up to LLC's By the Sea challenge; please note our rule one entry per challenge please.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)